MY INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE

Hi! Its been really long,since i made any contribution here. I was busy with my internship all these days. It was my first internsh...


Hi!

Its been really long,since i made any contribution here.

I was busy with my internship all these days. It was my first internship and the experience couldnt be more satisfying.


I did my internship at Kalra Infosystems, a US based startup and worked as backend developer for "CorrectAnswer.com".


It was a 3 month internship (May-July) of type "Work From Home" and 8hrs/day (Working hours were only part of official statement :P ).


Well, a lot of people ask, why startups?
A straight forward answer to this is the amount and quality of work that you will get there is really awesome. You will get a real life problem to think and solve in the most efficient manner.You commit mistakes and then get to learn from it.


We developed our server using Google GO. Although i was not very much aware of it initially but learnt a lot while a assignment that was given to me during selection(evaluation) period and even after it. The first week for me was more or less learning week.
I was aware of GIT, but had never worked with it in such a manner. Our CTO helped me a lot with this. Learnt how to collaborate and work with each other in order to build an effective and robust system.
One thing that i really loved about this internship was flexibility with working hours. Although, it was written to work for 8 hours/day, our CTO gave us liberty to work as per our comfort and time and finish the assigned task within deadline.


I learned and worked with GO Lang, GIT, Elastic Search and Logstash for implementing search and maintaining logs of our server, Redis-Server, Mysql Database, MochaJS for testing, cURL ,RESTful API and much more.I did finished all of the assigned tasks to me withig the given deadlines and pushed them.


In nutshell, it was a great learning and working experience.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Total Pageviews

Flickr Images